Saturday, September 18, 2010

I may already be there...

This morning I wondered what would happen if I had the time and space and money to live the life of my dreams. What would that look like? And would I have the courage to let go of the excuses, the fears, and the distractions?

The life of my dreams:
Health - including whole foods, movement & exercise, rest, and a balance of spiritual, physical, and mental practice.
Relationship - supportive, loving connection with my husband, kids, family, and friends.
Meaningful work - challenging creative and fun work sharing what I know and love to help people heal and enrich their lives.
Travel - visiting places of beauty and places I am drawn to, learning about different cultures, languages, people.

What holds me back:
Excuses - Convenience, time (imbalance of work to personal time), not enough money.
Fears - I'm sure I have some, but I'm drawing a blank.
Distractions - tv, other people's drama, my thoughts of what I should be doing, or what my life should be by now.

Years of not having a plan, of living by the seat of my pants (whatever that really means?), of just getting through today, has put me in a place of playing catch up. What others learned in their 20's about saving and living within their means, and building a life of stability and security, I came to understand within the past five years. Don't get me wrong, I am not wallowing in guilt, or self-pity, or regret. Just seeing clearly how I am accountable for my actions and choices.

I realize that I am not so far off the life of my dreams. Because truly what I seek is balance, and meaningful interactions, and opportunity to explore, and learn, and share. And though I may not be financially wealthy, my life thus far has been rich with love and experience.

And I am hopeful.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you never stop trying to make your life fit your dreams. You never say it's too late or give up. I admire you for that, among other things. :)

    ReplyDelete